Monday, June 4, 2007

In the Summer Queue

In the summer queue. Since it is far to hot to start my second wool baby blanket of Koigu KPPPM for my sister-in-law that is pregnant with their third baby, I thought socks would be a great summer knit. I have had the worst luck with the needles. Living in Alaska, I have to be greatful for everything we have here, and the LYS is fantastic. But they don't carry metal dpns. I ordered online some Susan Bates, but accidentally ordered single point. So now, three weeks later, Roza's Socks are still in queue. I ordered a second set from Inox online so I can't wait to start these. Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in cabin fever (I should hold them in queue until winter with a color name like that.)

From Interweave's Favorite Socks I am really excited for the Uptown Boot Socks in the darkest blue teal Superwash sock from Cherry Tree Hill. Can you tell the LYS was having a sale? Both days I came in for needles for other projects? Coincidence? I think, not. I havent done a project from the book, but Barnes and Noble just screams, buy a new book here when HH is looking for new travel books. He is thinking "Tahiti "and I am thinking "the farthest place away for more dedicated knitting time".



Spiral Boot Socks from Interweave's Knits Summer 2007 look promising. I ordered the Lorna's Lace Shepard Sock from kyarns in lakeview. I am seriously looking forward to wearing these to see how the nylon in the sock holds up to wear and to experience first hand the stretch and elasticity that has been so advertised everywhere. I can see how the Cascade wool might have needed reinforcements in the heel, but won't know until winter ski season opens.




And just so I don't have only socks all summer long, I threw in a super, soft baby hat for my bridemaid's 2nd baby. All of my friends hit the 30yr-34yr mark and are starting to realize the need to have a baby now, or go without. So everyone around me is either preggers or trying. What fun. Mine are 16, 15, 14, 11, and 10; with no babies in site for me. Boo hoo! So all my girlfriends and sister-in-laws will just have to let me babysit? Or at least knit for their babys. I just couldnt resist this hat. I just have to find someone to donate a wee-little bit of celery color for the top little stem. Can't bring myself to throw down $8.95 for 2 yards of green.



Well, that is my summer queue. Summers are really short, and I am really slow. If socks start to drive me crazy, or my needles never come, I guess I will just keep up with the washclothes. Everyone has to get a set at sometime in my life. I haven't gotten requests for them yet, but I assume I will soon. They make great dust clothes.

No comments: