Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm officially a Groupie!

I'm a Loopy Groupie! Whoo-hoo, woop, woop!
I am so friggin' excited. Seriously, friggin' excited. I F5'd my heart out all last week waiting for the Dream in Color Classy re-stock and up pops all new Smoochys. Being unable to resist (and being a continuous Second-Guesser), I had to pick up a skein of the Chinatown Apple just for trial sake. I have been drooling over the MrGreenJean's pattern {flickr / ravelry} I selected for the LoopyEwe.com Dream in Color KAL and craved for it in this colorway. There hasn't been a re-stock of the Classy yet and sighting the same colorway in Smoochy, I HAD TO BUY IT. If not for stash enhancement, then merely to possess something I have coveted for so long. And come on.... dork factor kicks in: "Who amoung us doesn't want a matching Sweater & Sock ensemble?" Oh, yeah baby, hurt mommy's wallet good. Make it burn. All the while the left brain/right brain fight that I was having was getting louder and louder and harder to ignore: "Pick a color on the internet, why don't cha'; spend $140 for a sweater; you've never spent that much money on a sweater; you don't even know if you like the colorway. Maybe your screen resolution is different. Go down to the office and look at it on the monitor down there, now check it on the admin's computer, check each of your five boys' computers in their rooms, check DH's laptop." Ho down! All those computer monitors told me the same thing: "You will love this colorway!". And damned if they weren't right. I love it; it sang to me. The golden copper works wonders with my freckles. And with the Smoochy for socks, it will work wonders with the freckles on my legs. Now for the re-stock of Chinatown in Classy. I don't get more fiber$$s until Friday, so here's to wishin the re-stock may be late....

But that wasn't the only awesome surprise. I ordered the Smoochy on Thursday morning, excited about getting some new fiber, and not more than 20 minutes after I ordered, I get the order confirmation and shipping information. Holy moley! Those girls are fast. I have fiber items from other dealers that I ordered more than 2 weeks ago and I received those, but in 20 minutes TheLoopyEwe has: 1) received the order, 2) processed the order, 3) shipped the order and 4) low and behold: added to the order. This Monday morning it is in my mailbox [and I am on a rural route] which means it got to the Fairbanks post office on Saturday. AND it was my sixth order so I am OFFICIALLY A LOOPY GROUPIE!
Look at that, not just some old stuff that doesn't sell because noone likes it. This is Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in Peppermint Mocha. It isn't just one skein so you have to order another skein to finish a full pair of socks. There was no "hope-and-pray" or "jump-on-one-foot-on-the-third-Tuesday-of-the-sixth-month-since-the-last-lunar-eclipse" to get the second skein. This is two matching skeins of gorgeous yarn! Oh, and chocolate. As if that alone wasn't enough, there was a loopyewe carabiner all wrapped in a clear zippered tote. Now HighOhSilver gets to see all my new purchases. Oops, maybe that is not so great...

3 comments:

Tama said...

Hmmm. The Loopy Ewe? I haven't ever see their stuff. Pretty happy with them? I probably better check my yarn funds first. I've been trying to put the stash on a strict diet, but when it comes to "dessert" yarn there is always room for more--right?

Nancy said...

Gee-ore-gee-ous colors! I'm going to have to go check out their site, like, now!

bobseldest said...

looks like I'm actually going to have to check out the ravelry stuff so I can get in the loop. I got signed on with ravelry, but didn't have the time to wade through all of the ins and outs of it. Gardening season was beckoning. Yeah, that's right...here in North Carolina beans go in the ground by the end of March or you're considered late. Tomato plants traditionally go in the ground on Tax Day!!! Me, I haven't been doing the veggie thing lately, too busy splitting daylilies and irises. Anyway, the point is that I'm going to have bite the bullet and spend the time to check out ravelry. And the other sites you have listed here too. Bad girl you...don't you know it's a crime to feed someone's addiction?
connie