Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Duets are done

Pattern: Vogue Knitting Socks Universal Toe-Up socks pattern.
Yarn: A Swell Shop's *skinny* Duet Socks in "Chocolate Crunch 2"
Needle: addi turbo size 2 40"circular
Cast on: Dec30 Bind off: Jan5

This pattern, while "universal" needed a lot of help. A very customizable pattern, but I had to find tutorials for the cast on, short-row heel, and the bind off. I found the cast on on knitty.com. It is Judy Becker's Magic Cast-on for Toe-Up socks. I used Silver's Sock Class for the short row heel and the bind off. I customized by using the k4, p2 ribbing which gave the sock some structure. And can I say, "I love this yarn"! The color is gorgeous. It was so fun to work with. Although I was continually desiring Black Forest Cherry Cake, chocolate covered cherries, and cinnamon hot chocolate because of the colors. It was a delight to work with both in color and softness. Oh, and the first time using the Magic Loop method. Wonderfully easy and FAST!

Ah, and here is the first of many, many miters for my Mitered Square Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting. For the love of Ravelry! I was looking at some Raveler's Chevron Scarves for color inspiration and came across a Flickr account with some wonderful pictures of this blanket Man, addictive (both Ravelry and the miters). My first miter is an homage to my alma mater, Portage Northern H.S. Go Huskies! Yes, our school colors are Orange and Brown. Made school spirit days a little bland on colors.


And this showed up yesterday in the mail. It is not a great picture of the yarn, you can check that out in my stash. I was estatic over the stitch marker. I love the Loopy Ewe. Not only do they have every single skein of yarn that I want for my sock stash, they include gifts in the first five orders that you place. My order number Four included this wonderful LoopyEwe marker. Nice, would go and buy some of the other Zephyrstyle markers if I ever get money to burn. The Dream in Color Classy in "Happy Forest" is for my wonderful sock model's Log Cabin socks from Handknit Holidays that I HAD to pick up from Barnes and Noble after Christmas. Love the book, there are so many patterns that I love from that book. Mainly the Santa hat. Oh, love it!

No comments: