Sunday, February 15, 2009

Leyburn Socks

Pattern: Leyburn Socks by MintyFresh Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts; Socks that Rock; "Prove it all Night" in mediumweight Needle: US 2/ 2.75 40"magic loop Judy Becker's Magic cast on: Jan31 Sewn bind off: Feb 13 special ordered for Ravelry's Socks That Rawk LEYBURN KAL All my STR colorways in stash were already choosen and this gave me an excuse to order a color that I never would have thought I liked. Similar to the colorways sent in the RSC. Wouldn't have ordered them myself, but loved them once I started knitting (except GoodyGoody, never liked that one) Toe-up, so wonderful When I copy pictures from my computer, they are smaller in format than when I copy links from Flickr, so sorry about the descrepancies. {I don't think they will matter to anyone} the pair:
Priscilla Wild's no fuss/no mess - no holes, no wrap and turn heel. I loved it because of the ease. I still had to whip up a small hole that was peeking skin on one side of one heel because I think I missed a "create one" at the end.
It is hard to find enough light on an overcast winter day in Fairbanks. So right up to the window we were! I had my pick of sock models this day as we are entertaining friends of the boys. Five 12 year olds on this extended 4 day weekend. These are the days that I am NOT thankful I work at home.

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Your Leyburns are beautiful! I love the color, much more than my Eggplanteds. Oh, wait, they're not mine any more...gifted away!