Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gentleman's Socks (BIG PICTURES)

Just thought I would try out the big guns. I am not overly excited by the bigger pictures. Seems like overkil to me. What do you think? Pattern: Gentleman's Fancy Socks by Nancy Bush Yarn: Schaefer Yarns Anne in "evergreen" Needle: US 1 / 2.5mm 2-at-a-time on a 40" addiTurbo long-tail cast on: Dec 11 kitchener'd: Feb 14 "Happy Valentines, Isaac. Here is your Christmas present!" "Now NEVER EVER wear these without shoes or slippers. I can't image why I chose to use this very thin (thinnest I have ever used) yarn for a teenagers socks. He is very responsible, but still young enough to think it is great fun to play with the dog in your stocking feet. I have enough of this yarn left over from this 560 yard ball to knit another pair. This yarn was dark and hard to see in the Fairbanks winter even with all the lights on. Maybe a nice summer knit. Definately a better yarn for lace work than socks.

No comments: