Friday, May 30, 2008

Mr Greenjeans


Pattern: MrGreenjeans from knitty.com, size small
Yarn: Dream in Color - Classy "Chinatown Apple"
Needles: Size8 knitpicks circulars (did not decrease to the size7s for the cabling
Cast on: March 30 Bind off: May 22


Okay, since cast off, I have not taken this sweater off! I love it! It is so amazingly comfortable, and soft, and gorgeous. This is the most perfect cardigan EVER! The yarn is amazingly soft. And yes it grows. The sweater grew even more than my gauge swatch did. Before blocking, I tried it on and it was overly snug, but blocking completely turned this around.

The pattern is very easy to follow. I did not find a single error. A few modifications: 1) I lengthened the sleeves. I believe (from other's pictures) that the shorter sleeves make it look like the sweater was knit too small. I lengthened the sleeves far to long, as seen in the second picture here. I might have to go back and frog a repeat or two.


Mod#2) I did not decrease needle size to make the cabling tighter; my hips are big enough, I don't need the cables to pull back anymore accentuating this. Mod#3) I added two rows on both sides of the buttonhole to make the buttonband a bit wider. I was thinking that I wanted the cardigan to close a bit and I really like the result. My only complaint is the glass button that I chose is too heavy. It pulls on the front and makes the buttonhole gape. I plan on leaving it on because it is stunning, but I might not be using them on my Central Park Hoodie, which I get to start next. I bought enough Dream in Color - Classy in November Muse during the LoopyEwe's Knit Along discounting on DiC.

Check out my Raverly notes here on this sweater if you would like further info.

2 comments:

Tama said...

Wow! Looks great!

Krista said...

I love that cardi! I'm going to check it out.